Sugar Free Horchata
Would you like to drink your dessert? This is the easiest Horchata to make, and I think one of the best tasting. Remember, it is sugar free if you use a zero-sugar milk product like coconut milk in the can, etc.
Sugar Free Horchata Made Easy
- 1 cup Water
- 1/2 cup White Monkfruit Sugar (Lakanto® Brand)
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 2 quarts Sugar Free Milk any kind
- Heat water, sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon in a saucepan over medium heat. Simmer until sugar is dissolved, whisking occasionally, about 5 minutes. Allow syrup mixture to cool for 10 minutes.
- Pour 2 quarts milk into a large pitcher.
- Stir syrup mixture into the milk. Serve chilled or over ice. I like it chilled, because the ice can dilute the flavor. Always stir before putting in glasses.
Did you enjoy this recipe?
Looking for more sugar free recipes?
Check out ShrinkingPatti's Footloose and Sugar Free Comfort Journal & Recipe Cookbook.